A Digital Experience Monitoring (DEM) strategy unlocks the key to understanding how end-users interact with…
Team Exoprise had another fantastic show in Orlando last week at Microsoft Ignite 2019. We showed off our latest Teams Audio/Video Conferencing Sensor and a significant upgrade to Exoprise Service Watch including new capabilities to analyze Single-Page Apps (SPAs) which are quite common to modern SaaS applications.
Exoprise Announcements at Microsoft Ignite 2019
- We announced the general availability of our Teams AV Conferencing Sensor
An easy sensor to deploy, utilizes an Exoprise AV Bot to measure network capacity, QoS, performance and availability
- Exoprise announced the upgrade of Service Watch with support for Single-Page Apps like Salesforce Lightning, OWA, Gmail, Netsuite and more
Analyzing and understanding the performance of SPAs is crucial to monitoring the performance of SaaS apps and suites
- Exoprise demonstrated and launched new OAuth capabilities for a large number of sensors including:
- Exchange Free/Busy Now with Support for OAuth
- OAuth support for Outlook Web Access
- NEW: SharePoint Online API Sensor
- NEW: OneDrive API Sensor
Now you can monitor all of these applications without requiring real credentials and they fully support MFA-accounts. *For browser-based sensors which fully test the end-to-end, end-user experience (Single Sign-on) you still require real credentials.
- Exoprise showed off the general availability of its new Skype for Business Video Sensor.
This sensor fully supports testing and monitoring the latest version of Skype for Business Server and exercises the media/edge server with streaming audio and video in each direction.
Mini PC Giveaway at Microsoft Ignite 2019
Like we did for previous shows, Exoprise raffled off Azulle Byte 3 Mini PCs to eight lucky winners (two per day). We love the Byte 3 Mini PCs as a great platform for running CloudReady, testing WiFi or connected networks, and are pretty manageable for a ~$200.00 device.
Here’s some pictures of a few of the lucky winners and of the Exoprise Booth.
CloudReady Teams AV Sensor on WiFi at the Show
Its always fun to test the performance of trade show networking, especially with 30,000 people in attendance. We imagine its quite difficult to provision and service 30,000 people on WiFi, the demands of the networking from the vendors, sponsors and Microsoft. To say the least!
So when we arrived at the show on Sunday, we had moved one of our existing Mini PC’s from HQ that was on WiFi into the show and deployed a new Microsoft Teams AV Conference sensor onto it.
Here’s a quick annotated dashboard of the show’s performance. Hover over the hotspots, to understand what you’re seeing.
Round-up of Microsoft Announcements from Ignite 2019
Microsoft announced lots of new features, products, and enhancements at Microsoft Ignite. We’ve included a round up of links and coverage to various news sources, captured here conveniently.
- Release candidate of Chromium-based Edge and GA to be Available on January 15th, 2020
- New Office Mobile app for iOS and Android
Combines Word, Excel, PowerPoint functionality into a single app.
- New features for Microsoft Teams; Integrations with Outlook, To Do, Yammer and more
Secure private channels, pinned channels, multi-window chats and meetings were upgraded within Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Flow gets renamed to Power Automate
- Azure Arc Preview; Bringing Azure data services to any public or private cloud – Windows or Linux